Training to lose fat/retain muscle? Get as big as possible? Preparing for a sport? Preparing for a specific event such as a marathon? Want to compete in the Tactical Games but don’t know how to train for it? Maybe you just want to be a healthy 45-year-old Mom or Dad. Do you want to be 8% bodyfat or are you comfortable at 15% with a more flexible eating plan? Do you prefer guidelines or do you need a specific prescription of foods to eat each day? No problem!
An off-the-shelf exercise routine fails to take into consideration the unique situation of every person. Finding the best way to eat through trial and error is difficult, time consuming, and frustrating for most people. With a custom training and diet plan, I will take every aspect of you into consideration and develop a plan that fits your unique goals.
I have programmed routines for myself, clients, friends, and family for more than 30 years for such goals/events as general health/wellness/longevity, bodybuilding, powerlifting, CrossFit competitions, Tactical Games, US Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT), US Army Ranger School, US Army Best Ranger Competition, US Army Special Operations Command Soldier of the Year competition, the Bataan Death March, running marathons, ToughRuck/ruck march marathons, the FBI physical fitness test, high school wrestling, and high school football.
I have spent time in classrooms at the undergraduate and graduate level studying nutrition, read books, read articles, listened to podcasts, and experimented on myself, clients, friends, and family for more than 30 years. Let me prepare a diet for you that will get you to accomplish your mission!
The first step in the process of developing your personalized plan is to fill out a thorough intake form, which will allow me to get to know you before I prescribe anything. It will take into account such things as your age, physical fitness level, medical considerations, physical limitations, short-term and long-term goals, diet, supplements, time available to train, and access to equipment. I will also ask you about your dietary history, food allergies, foods you like or dislike, methods of food preparation available, your budget, and your lifestyle.
Once I have all this information and have clarified any questions through email, I will prepare your plan. Your training plan will have a template which will outline the physical fitness objectives of each session for each training day. It will also come with three four-week cycles (12 total weeks/3 months) of detailed programming which will outline exercise, duration, sets, reps, intensity, etc. for every training session. Your diet plan will have a template which will outline the overall breakdown of calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein and fiber per day. It will include three weeks of daily menus with specific foods and quantities.
Then you will receive the plan via email. You are given one clarifying email to ask any questions you have.
Finally, you will execute the plan!
What do I do for my training when the 12 weeks have gone by?
- You can continue using the same routine and start over at week one again. There is no rule that says you have to do a routine only once!
- You can also keep the same framework but make some substitutions to reps, sets, durations, exercises, etc. on your own based on your level of expertise.
- You can purchase a Training Plan Refresh and I will program another 12 weeks of training for you at a reduced cost.
Is this a permanent or temporary diet? How long do I stay on it?
- The plan I will develop for you isn’t an “8 weeks to ripped abs” crash diet (unless you ask for that!), so you can continue to stay on it for a very long time, adjusting it slightly to accommodate changes in your body.
- If it was to prepare for a specific event, it may make sense to transition to a more sustainable plan once the event has happened.
- If your goals change sufficiently (from fat loss to performance, for example), it also may be wise to look for a new plan.